Sunday, July 18, 2010

"Guess what?" - Kodi


Kodi has started this adorable new thing, I guess in a way you could say she she picked it up from me, but it goes like this...

"Hey Mom, Guess what?" - Kodi

"What?" - Me

Kodi wispering, "I love you Mom..."

It's frankly, super-adorable!
One thing I've always wanted Kodi to know is that no matter what, I love her.

When I was a kid my Dad wasn't too super verbal about his love for me. Most of the time he was tired, or in pain or sometimes just angry. He spent the majority of his time working, and with his back being so messed up he was in pain all the time. I don't remember that much time with my Dad when I was little. Not for his fault, but just because there wasn't that much time.

When it came to verbal affection he wasn't much for that either.

So needless to say I want Kodi to know I love her, so I'm always smothering her with kisses and affirming her. They say you can't love a child too much, let's hope that's true.

:)

No comments: